The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for New York City from 6 a.m. Friday, February 8 until 1 p.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013. Forecasts are predicting 10-14 inches of snow.
- Although all New York City airports are currently open, airlines have been most cancelling flights in and out of the city from Friday afternoon through the weekend. Contact your airline for details and to see if your flight is being cancelled. Most airlines are waiving flight-change fees.
- Subway service is anticipated to run as usual through rush-hour on Friday, February 8, 2013. Scheduled work for the weekend has been cancelled and service changes are anticipated.
- Amtrak north-bound service from Penn Station will be suspended after the Northeast Regional at 12:30 p.m. and Acela Express at 1:03 p.m. depart.
- Alternate-side parking rules are suspended through Sunday, February 10, 2013, but parking meter rules will remain in effect.
- African Burial Ground National Monument - closing 1 p.m. Friday, reopening Monday
- Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, and Prospect Park Zoo are all closed (NY Aquarium is still closed due to damaged sustained during Hurricane Sandy)
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum - closing at 2 p.m.
- Queens Museum of Art - closing at 3 p.m.