Getting from LGA to Manhattan (and back):
- Public Transit:
- M60 bus to 125th Street in Manhattan. $2.50 bus fare (available 4:50 a.m. - 1 a.m.). Transfer is available to 1/2/3, 4/5/6, A/C and D subway trains (free transfer with MetroCard, otherwise $2.50 additional).
- For other public transit options, including suburban areas and the five boroughs, consult LGA Transportation Options or the MTA's Airport Service information.
- Taxis: Metered fare (plus tolls) to any Manhattan location. Taxis are available outside of every terminal and there is typically a taxi stand where you will be directed to a taxi. For destinations outside of Manhattan, consult the TLC Fare Guide. You may also want to familiarize yourself with the Taxi Rider's Bill of Rights. There is no additional charge for luggage and rates are based per car, not per passenger (up to four passengers).
- Car Services: Pre-arrange for a car service to meet you at the airport, or call one when your flight touches down. This is a great option if you want to avoid waiting in line for a taxi or if you have a group larger than four people and want to arrange for a van or limousine.
- Private Shuttles: Several companies offer shuttles to Manhattan, including:
- Go Airlink NYC: Go Airlink NYC offers shared transfers from JFK (starting at $18/person), as well as private transfers via sedan or van for groups of up to 11 passengers ($64-133/transfer). Rides are available 24 hours a day, though wait times for shared transfers at night may vary.
- NYC Airporter: Available from 5 a.m. - 11:30 p.m., these buses leave every 30 minutes. One-way fare is $13 ($23 round-trip). You can choose to disembark at Grand Central, Port Authority or Penn Station Access to Penn Station requires taking a shuttle from the Grand Central stop. There is also complimentary hotel shuttle service for hotels between 23rd and 63rd Streets from Grand Central..
- Super Shuttle: Available 24 hours a day, this shuttle provides door to door service for your party. Fares are $15 - $19, depending on destination. No reservations are required to get from the airport to your destination, but they are required for your return trip to the airport. Consult their website or call 1-800-258-3826 for more information. Book your SuperShuttle Transfer through Viator.
- Rental Cars: Consult this list of rental car companies serving LGA if you need to rent a car. I discourage visitors to New York City from renting cars, unless they're planning extensive travel outside of the major metropolitan area. Parking is both expensive and difficult to find, and you will find your money better spent on mass transit and taxis. Driving directions to and from LGA.
- Parking at LGA: If you need to park your car at LGA, there are several options. Short-term parking is available if you're picking-up/dropping-off at the airport, and long-term parking is available if you're leaving your car overnight or longer. If you want to save money, compare rates on on-site and off-site airport parking options at LGA.
For other transit options, including suburban areas, inter-airport transfers and the five boroughs, consult LGA Transportation Options.
For more complete information about LGA airport, consult LGA's official website