Guggenheim Museum in Brief:
Guggenheim Museum Basics:
Guggenheim Museum Admission:
- Adults $22; students and seniors (65+) with ID $18; children under 12 free; members free.
- Advance tickets are available online through TicketWeb
- Admission included with the New York Pass.
- Admission included with the New York CityPass.
- On Saturdays from 5:45 -7:45 p.m. admission to the Guggenheim is "pay what you wish" by donation.
- Friday - Wednesday : 10 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. (7:45 p.m. on Saturdays)
- Thursday: Closed
- Last tickets sold 30 minutes before closing.
- Some galleries may close before museum closes
- Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Open all other holidays.
- Audio Tour: The Director's Pick Tour featuring highlights from the Permanent Collection is available at the information desk and can be used at your own pace.
- Art Talks: These one hour tours are offered daily at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and cover highlights of the collection and current exhibitions.
About the Guggenheim Museum:
The spiraled main gallery, art itself designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, allows visitors to move continuously through a large main exhibit, which sees several exhibits per year.
Visitors should not forget that apart from the main gallery, which displays art modern sculpture and artwork of a striking range of traditions, there is an annex which opens up into even more treasures to behold.
Whether to take a brief spin through Wright's memorable building or spend an entire day peeking through all the art the vast space has to offer, the Guggenheim is a must-see for art and architecture fans.