The Bottom Line
A collection of monologues about being Pieces of Ass promises a few good blonde jokes, even if the seating is a little cramped.
- Free admission to Club w/ purchase
- Poor seating
- 2 Drink minimum
- China Club address: 268 W.47th St., between Broadway and 8th Avenues
- Closest subway to China Club: E, F, C, to 50th Street
- China Club Phone: (212) 226-2407
- China Club Cross Streets: 7th & 8th Ave.
- Cover for Pieces (of Ass): $40 for Reserved VIP seating, $30 for General Admission.
- Monday - Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday doors open at 7pm for cocktails. Showtime is 8 pm.
- Ticketholders receive complimentary admission to China Club after the show.
- A two-drink minimum is enforced -- a beer or club soda is better than an $11 Dixie cup cocktail.
- "Pieces (of Ass)" directed by Mr. Howie, continues at The China Club until October 18th.
- The show includes live female DJs, short films, and a pre- and post-show cocktail lounge.
Guide Review - Pieces (of Ass): New York Theater Review
The China Club's midtown location has a feeling of the Far East with a red mahogany bar, sculptures and artwork. The VIP section was crowded and jumbled, but general admission area appeared more comfortable. "Pieces (of Ass)" is a collection of self-written monologues from a revolving cast of 13 stunning women (thus the title). "Pieces" sets out to portray the women's feelings about their beauty and the heartache that can lie beneath a perfect package. Each monologue reflects the particular speaker and they range from comical or heartbreaking to provocative or perplexing, though consistantly they are overly dramatic and overacted. A few good blonde jokes were among the highlights of the evening.