Want to see a Broadway show, but can't afford to pay $100 or more for tickets? New York City now has three TKTS Booths where you can pay as little as half-price for same day Broadway tickets (some even a day in advance). On top of the opportunity to purchase tickets to Broadway shows for 20-50% less than the full-price tickets, you're supporting the Theatre Development Fund with your ticket purchase, so you can feel good about getting your Broadway tickets at the TKTS Booth!
One of the most popular ways to get discount tickets to see Broadway and Off-Broadway productions is through the TKTS booths. The downside is that you have to wait on line, sometimes for an hour or more, to get the tickets, but it can be fun to people watch in line or you can get some reading done.
Tickets are available for same-day performances (except matinees, which are sold a day in advance at the South Street Seaport and Brooklyn TKTS locations), generally at 20-50% off the full ticket price. There is also a $4.50 per ticket service charge that goes to support the TDF, the non-profit that operates the TKTS Booths. Available shows are posted on marquees outside the ticket booth. The Broadway shows available at the TKTS booths change not only from day to day, but from hour to hour. There are often tickets released to TKTS immediately before shows open at 8 p.m.
Insider Info: The TKTS Booth in Times Square might be the most well known, but there are also TKTS Booths at South Street Seaport and in Brooklyn. The Brooklyn and South Street Seaport TKTS Booths offer a few of advantages over the Times Square location:
- You can get matinee tickets the day before the show
- Lines tend to be shorter, because you're further from Broadway and these locations are less well-known
- The Brooklyn TKTS location also has tickets for Brooklyn performing arts events
TKTS Booths Locations and Hours
Times Square Center
- Location: Located "under the red steps" In Father Duffy Square on Broadway and 47th Street
At this location, Window #1 will offer full-priced and advanced tickets. Other windows will sell same-day discount tickets for all performances that day (i.e. both matinee and evening tickets will be available on applicable days).
For Evening Performances:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday: 3 - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday: 2 - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 3 – 7 p.m.
For Matinee Performances:
- Wednesday & Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sundays: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- For Evening Performances:
- Subways: A/C/E, 1/2/3, N/R/Q, 7, S to Times Square
South Street Seaport TKTS Booth
Location: 199 Water Street
Corner of Front & John Streets
At this location, tickets are sold for same-day evening and next day matinee performances (i.e. Wednesday matinees on sale on Tuesday; Saturday matinees on sale on Friday; Sunday matinees on sale on Saturday)
- Monday - Saturday: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Subways: J/Z, 2/3/4/5 to Fulton Street; A/C to Broadway-Nassau
- Location: 199 Water Street
Brooklyn TKTS Booth
Location:In 1 MetroTech Center
Corner of Jay Street and Myrtle Street Promenade
At this location, tickets are sold for same-day evening and next day matinee performances (i.e. Wednesday matinees on sale on Tuesday; Saturday matinees on sale on Friday)
- Tuesday - Sunday: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. (closed 3-3:30 p.m. for lunch)
- Subways: A/C/F/R to Jay Street-MetroTech; 2/3/4/5 to Court Street-Borough Hall
- Location:In 1 MetroTech Center