The Bottom Line
Looking for a great place to enjoy tea and a sandwich? Have a favorite wee one who adores Alice in Wonderland? This is the perfect place.
- Yummy food
- Over 100 teas
- Friendly service & kid friendly
- $10 minimum per person.
- You're paying for atmosphere.
- Alice's Tea Shop is located at 102 West 73rd Street.
- Closest Subway to Alice's Tea Shop: 1, 2, 3, 9, B, C at 72nd Street.
- Phone: (212) 799-3006
- Cross Streets: Columbus & Amsterdam (closest to Columbus Avenue)
- Hours: Tues - Fri 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Sat 10:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Sun 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Guide Review - Alice's Tea Cup
Alice's Tea Shop was exactly as I imagined -- the front room offers take out tea, as well as themed gifts (ranging from tea pots to underwear). Inside, there are photos depicting scenes from "Alice in Wonderland" and lines from Lewis Carroll's memorable tale wind along the walls. The banana-walnut and pumpkin scones($8 for 2 with tea) were crisp on the outside and moist and delicious inside. Choosing from over 100 teas ($4 per pot) can be a challenge, but it was made a little easier by their helpful guide. Sandwiches & salads were fresh & tasty. The croque madame($7) was served on raisin bread with a salad and the smoked chicken ($10) with apples & goat cheese was great too. The children's menu offers baby food($4) and snacks($5-6).