The Bottom Line
Arguably among the best pizza in New York City
, DiFara's in Brooklyn offers both square and traditional pies, in addition to a menu of classic Italian dishes.
- Amazing pizza, available by the slice
- Watch your pizza be made
- High-quality, fresh ingredients
- It's in Brooklyn
- Slices take time
- You won't be able to wait to come back
- DiFara's Pizzeria is located at 1424 Avenue J, Brooklyn
- Closest subway to DiFara's Pizzeria: Q to Avenue J stop
- DiFara's Pizzeria Cross Street: 14th Street
- Cash only.
- Phone: 718-392-1222
- Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Di Fara's Pizza on Facebook
Guide Review - DiFara's Pizzeria
Even for slices($2.25), the pies at DiFara's are made to order. We attentively watched Dominick DeMarco assemble pies--no matter how many people came in or called, he would not be rushed in placing fresh buffalo mozzarella and hand grated Parmesan atop the basil infused tomato sauce. Dominick removed the pie from the oven barehanded to add mushrooms and returned it to allow the toppings to merge with the cheese and for the crust to brown. After much anticipation, we devoured our first slices, while awaiting the signature square slices($2.50). Baked in a rectangular pan, the corner slice was the prize--I was too eager for its layered, chewy crust and molten cheese to allow it to cool, leaving me with a burnt mouth and a yearning to return.