Central Park Visitors Guide | Where To Pack a Picnic for Central Park SummerStage
The Central Park SummerStage hosts numerous dance, spoken word and music events throughout the summer. Many of the events are free, while others require advance tickets and serve as benefits for the Central Park SummerStage series.
Central Park SummerStage is an outdoor venue, located at Rumsey Playfield. Rumsey Playfield is located on East 72nd Street off Fifth Avenue. The closest subway is the 6 train to 68th Street. You can easily enter the park on 69th Street and 5th Avenue.
Entrance to the Central Park SummerStage area begins 90 minutes before the shows start on weekends, and 60 minutes before for weeknight performances.
Things To Bring to Central Park SummerStage
Things NOT To Bring to Central Park SummerStage
Good to Know About Central Park SummerStage
- There are no tickets for free events, but space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. For some of the most popular shows, lines form over an hour before the gates open.
- If you want to get into events more easily, consider SummerStage Membership which offers members express entrance to shows, seats on the bleachers and more.
- For special news, updates, and even "skip-the-line" passes, follow SummerStage on Facebook and SummerStage on Twitter
- Concessions are available inside Central Park SummerStage, including beer & wine ($5) and water ($2). There are also hot dogs, fries and other food offerings available.
- If you're not into battling crowds and are content to just hear the music, there is plenty of space on the grass outside of the Central Park SummerStage area. From there, you can easily hear the concert while lounging on the grass.