Located in the heart of Brooklyn, Prospect Park welcomes 8 million visitors every year. The 585-acre park was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, who also designed Manhattan's Central Park. Prospect Park offers a wealth of activities and events throughout the year, making it a worthwhile destination for locals and visitors alike.
Official Website: Prospect Park Alliance Website
1. Things To Do In Prospect Park
Wondering just what to do when you visit Prospect Park? Here are some of the fun things you can do in Prospect Park:
2. Prospect Park Landmarks and Attractions
Prospect Park is home to a number of well-known landmarks and attractions, including:
3. Prospect Park Tours
Want a hand exploring Prospect Park? Consider taking one of these Prospect Park tours:
- Free tours: Discover Prospect Park Tours
- For bird lovers (also free!): Introduction to Birdwatching and Early Bird Walks
- By Boat: Electric Boat Tours at the Audubon Center
- Self-guided tours: Check out any of Prospect Park's Nature Trails
- Twilight Tours - enjoy a summer evening in the Park
- Big Onion's Prospect Park Walking Tour
- Park Slope neighborhood and Prospect Park Tour from A Tour Grows in Brooklyn
Prospect Park is filled with many sights to see and lots of winding paths, so you'll be very happy to have a Prospect Park map with you when you visit Prospect Park. There is even a printable version of the Prospect Park map you can bring with you and it's free!
5. Prospect Park Directions
Wondering how to get to Prospect Park in Brooklyn? Prospect Park is quite large, but it's well served by public transportation and there is even parking available.
Prospect Park Boundaries:
- Prospect Park West
- Prospect Park Southwest
- Parkside Avenue (southwest)
- Ocean Avenue (southeast)
- Washington Avenue (east)
- Eastern Parkway (north)
Prospect Park Subways:
- F at 7th Ave., 15th St./Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Parkway stations
- 2/3 at Grand Army Plaza
- Q at Parkside Ave. and Prospect Park stations
- S at Prospect Park
- B at Prospect Park
Prospect Park Parking:
- There is street parking available around Prospect Park's perimeter. Pay attention to parking regulations and bring quarters to feed the meter if you park at a metered spot.
- Wollman Rink has free parking year-round.
- Litchfield Villa has a limited number of parking spots available.
- The Picnic House has permit-only parking for events
6. Prospect Park Concerts and Events
Prospect Park hosts a wide variety of different events throughout the year -- particularly in the summer.
Prospect Park Concerts and Events: