1. Things To Do In Central Park
Wondering just what to do when you visit Central Park? Whether you're looking to explore on your own, take a guided tour or just relax and people-watch, we've put together great ideas for things to do in Central Park.
3. Central Park Map
Central Park is filled with many sights to see and lots of winding paths, so you'll be very happy to have a Central Park map with you when you visit Central Park. There is even a printable version of the Central Park map you can bring with you and it's free!
4. Central Park Hotels
Want Central Park to be at the heart of your visit to New York City? Consider staying at one of these New York City hotels with rooms overlooking Central Park.
5. Central Park Landmarks and Attractions
Central Park is home to a number of well-known sculptures and attractions, including:
- Central Park Zoo
- Alice in Wonderland Statue - north of the Conservatory Water, near East 75th/76th Streets
- Angel in the Water Fountain - located in Bethesda Terrace in the middle of Central Park at 72nd Street
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir - mid-park from 86th-96th Streets
- The Mall - from 66th - 72nd Streets just east of mid-park
- Strawberry Fields - on the West Side between 71st/72nd Streets
6. Central Park Concerts and Events
Central Park hosts a wide variety of different events throughout the year -- particularly in the summer. Adding one of these Central Park concerts or events to your New York City itinerary is a great way to take a break from the usual tourist activities and experience a taste of life in New York City.
Central Park Concerts and Events:
Picnicking in Central Park is a wonderful way to enjoy a delicious meal and fantastic people watching. It's also a great idea to pack a picnic for Central Park if you're attending a concert in Central Park. And for budget-minded travelers, a picnic lunch or dinner in Central Park can be a great way to save money and have a great experience at the same time.
8. Central Park Tours
Want a hand exploring Central Park? Consider taking one of these Central Park tours:
- Free tours: Central Park Conservancy Walking Tours |
- More free tours: Central Park Tour from Free Tours By Foot
- For movie buffs: On Location's Central Park Movie Sites Walking Tour
- For history buffs: Big Onion's Central Park Walking Tour or Joyce Gold's Central Park - The Big Back Yard of the City
- Sunset Tours: Central Park Tours at Sunset - Explore Central Park and experience the sunset from the Shakespeare Garden.
- Self-guided: Central Park Conservancy Self-Guided Tours
- Central Park Bike Tour
Want to take a virtual visit to Central Park? Check out these Central Park pictures to prepare yourself for your visit or to help you remember your visit to Central Park. The collection of Central Park photos includes photos of Central Park landmarks, the Central Park Zoo, and even some special events in Central Park.