The peak time for fall foliage in New York City is typically late-September/early October through early November. Whether you want to wander on your own observing the beautiful colors of the changing autumn leaves or are hoping to get a tour, these are some great ways to experience the changing of the leaves in and around New York City.
1. Central ParkMaples, oaks and elms are just a few of the trees in Central Park that create the beautiful autumn colors throughout the park. If you want a great panoramic view of Central Park, head to Belvedere Castle and if you'd like to avoid the crowds, head to the northern half of Central Park.
More: Central Park Visitors Guide
2. New York Water Taxi Fall Foliage Cruise
On Saturdays and Sundays in mid-October through early November, ride the New York Water Taxi up the Hudson River while enjoying the fall foliage and a complimentary wine tasting from Peconic Bay Winery.
Price: $85 includes cruise, selection of sandwiches, wraps, salads and desserts. Cash bar.
Schedule: Weekends October 19 - November 3, 2013
Departs: 12:30 p.m., lasts approximately 4 hours
Details/Buy Tickets: Fall Foliage Cruises
3. Circle Line Oktoberfest Bear Mountain Cruises
Take this all day cruise up the Hudson River to Bear Mountain, where the cruise stops for three hours so you can enjoy a picnic lunch (bring your own or pre-order one from Circle Line) or buy your lunch while enjoying Bear Mountain's annual Oktoberfest.
Price: $50 for adults, $41 for seniors, $31 for children
Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays, September 28 - October 27, 2013
Departs: Boards at 8:30 a.m. and returns at 5:30 p.m.
Details/Book Your Cruise: Circle Line Website
4. Hudson Valley Fall Foliage Yacht Experience
Price: $159 for adults
Schedule: Saturdays, October 26th and November 2nd, 2013
Departs: Boards at 10:30 a.m. and returns at 4:30 p.m.
Details/Book Your Cruise: http://www.hornblower.com
5. Fall Foliage Brunch Cruise Aboard Yacht Manhattan
Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays, mid-October through mid-November
Departs: 10 a.m.
Details/Book Tickets: Fall Foliage Cruise on Yacht Manhattan
6. Fall Foliage Schooner Sail
Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays, mid-October through early-November
Departs: 10:30 or 11 a.m.
Details/Book Tickets: Fall Foliage Schooner Sail