About CitySights NY Hop-On, Hop-Off Tours
Attractions Featured on CitySights NY Tours
- Times Square
- Madison Square Garden
- Empire State Building
- Greenwich Village
- Little Italy
- World Trade Center
- Wall Street
- Statue of Liberty/ Ellis Island Ferry
- South Street Seaport
- Lower East Side
- East Village
- United Nations
- Rockefeller Center
- Lincoln Center
- Central Park
- American Museum of Natural History
- Cathedral of St. John the Divine
- Grant's Tomb
- Riverside Church
- Apollo Theater
- Museum of the City of New York
- Guggenheim Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Frick Collection
- Central Park Zoo
Essential Information about the CitySights NY Hop-On, Hop-Off Tours
- CitySights NY Downtown & Night Tours leaves from Broadway between 46th/47th Streets
- CitySights NY Uptown & Harlem Tour leaves from 8th Avenue between 49th/50th Streets
- Mass Transit to CitySights NY: 1, C/E to 50th Streets; N/W/R to 49th Street
- CitySights NY Phone: 212-812-2700
- CitySights NY Prices: Adults $37-49, Children (5-11), $27-39, Children under 5 are free (must ride in adult's lap)
- Book your tickets online in advance to make things easier once you arrive for the bus tour.
- CitySights NY Payment: Cash and Major Credit Cards
Helpful Tips for CitySights NY Hop-on, Hop-off Tours
- The All Around Tour offers the best value -- two days of transportation on the Uptown and Downtown loops, the Night tour, as well as a Circle Line Harbor Cruise are included for about $12 more than the price of a single day, single tour ticket.
- There are a few tour guides who aren't as good as the others -- if you get on one of their buses, hop-off and catch the next bus.
- Bring a sweater or jacket along for the ride. Even when the weather is warm, it will be breezy, and if it's chilly, it will be colder on the bus.
- All seating is on the top deck of the bus, offering great views, but ideal photo ops are limited, because the bus is often moving.
- Be aware of the tour schedule -- you can enjoy 15 more minutes inside an attraction rather than waiting for a bus. (Downtown Loop buses run more frequently than the Uptown ones.)
- Watch out for branches -- especially when traveling near Central Park on the Uptown Tour.
- These tours are best experienced on a dry day -- while they offer free ponchos, I recommend choosing a day with better weather for your CitySights NY tour.
- Bus travel will be slowest during rush hours -- 9-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Don't forget your sunblock -- the wind can make you feel cool, but you can still get burned.