About the Brooklyn Children's Museum:
The Brooklyn Children's Museum has been a leader since its inception in 1899 -- the first museum of its kind, it inspired the creation of over 300 children's museums world-wide.
The museum is best for preschool and young elementary school students, who will love the imaginative and interactive exhibits throughout. The Totally Tots area offers sand and water stations, a climbing area, a reading room, dress-up, and more for visitors to the museum under 5. World Brooklyn includes kid-sized neighborhood shops like a bakery, grocery store and pizza shop where kids will enjoy themselves and barely realize they are learning at the same time. The Garden and Con Ed Greenhouse allow kids to dig, water and play, as well as a chance to learn about and observe insects. Kids can observe and explore animals and nature, both real and models in the exciting Neighborhood Nature exhibit.
Daily activities include arts and crafts projects, performances and animal encounters, all of which are included with admission.
Good to Know About the Brooklyn Children's Museum:
- Coat check is available and free
- The museum host many school and camp groups -- but they normally depart by lunchtime and the Totally Tots area is a good spot to visit if the museum seems overrun with groups, since they don't host groups there.
- You can bring your own food to enjoy in the Cafe, which is always kept very clean. There are vending machines and the Cafe offers simple drinks, snacks and meals with many healthy options. There are Kosher items available as well.
- Check the events schedule online to see what special presentations will be going on when you're at the museum
Brooklyn Children's Museum Basics:
- Address: 145 Brooklyn Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11213
- Cross Streets: St. Mark's Avenue
- Subways: 3 to Kingston Avenue; A to Nostrand Avenue or C to Kingston/Throop Avenue
- Buses: B43 or B44 to St. Mark's Avenue or the B45 or B65 to Brooklyn Avenue
- Phone: 718-735-4400
- $9 per person
- Free for Children under 1
- Free for Members
- Free on Thursdays from 3-5 p.m.; every 3rd Thursday from 3-7 p.m.
- Photos: Pictures from the Brooklyn Children's Museum
- Official Website: http://www.brooklynkids.org
Brooklyn Children's Museum Hours:
- Tuesday - Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- open until 7 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of the month
- Closed Mondays