Visitors to New York City can't escape the holiday influence around New York City -- from train shows and family-friendly Nutcracker performances to visits with Santa, we've got lots of ideas for great ways to enjoy the holiday season with your kids in New York City.
1. Visit Santa
2. Holiday Events at the Children's Museum of ManhattanGrinch lovers can enjoy a variety of events at The Children's Museum of Manhattan through December 31, 2013 in their Grinch's Holiday Workshop, including card making, story time, and visits from The Grinch. CMOM will also have performances by the Definitely Dickens Christmas Carolers on December 22, 2013 and holiday activities throughout December.
3. Take Your Kids To See The NutcrackerNew York City has several different Nutcracker productions, including a few that are particularly suitable for children.
- The New York City Ballet - matinee performances of The Nutcracker are generally understood to be family-friendly (5+), and before select performances they even offer Children's Workshops where children 5-8 will explore the music, movement and themes of the ballet and then perform for family and friends before they watch the ballet.
- The New York Theatre Ballet - NYTB's 1-hour long Nutcracker performance is a great way to introduce little ones to ballet. Performances are very kid-friendly, so even the youngest dance fans can experience the ballet.
- American Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker - Deemed as being appropriate for kids 4 and up, this is a great choice if you're looking for the real-deal but don't want to splurge on the NYCB tickets.