New York City Christmas and Holiday Guide
By Heather Cross, About.com Guide
- New York City Holiday Window Displays
- Holiday Trees in New York City
- Ice Skating in New York City
- See Santa in New York City
- Christmas Shows, Sights and Events
- Christmas Shopping in New York City
- New Year's Eve in New York City
New York City Holiday Window Displays
No visit to New York City during the holiday season would be complete without checking out the holiday window displays at some of New York City's department stores. Whether you want to check out the hip, stylish displays at Barneys New York or the classic ones at Macy's Department Store, be sure to see at least one in person while you're in New York City.
- Holiday Windows Visitors Guide
- Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows
- Barneys New York Holiday Windows
- Saks Fifth Avenue Holiday Windows
- Holiday Windows Walking Tour Map
- Macy's Holiday Windows Guide
- Bloomingdale's Holiday Windows
- Lord & Taylor Holiday Windows Guide
Holiday Trees in New York City
The Tree at Rockefeller Center in New York City is an iconic Christmas image, and continues to attract many visitors throughout New York City's holiday season. You might also want to check out some of New York City's other fantastic holiday trees -- including the origami tree at the American Museum of Natural History and the Chorus Tree at South Street Seaport.
- New York City's Best Holiday Trees
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
- Origami Tree at the American Museum of Natural History
- Annual Christmas Tree and Neapolitan Baroque Crèche at the Met
Ice Skating in New York City
Winter in New York City means there are some fantastic opportunities to go ice skating while experiencing New York City's beautiful winter sights. Whether you want to skate in Central Park, Rockefeller Center or at the American Museum of Natural History, the only trouble is choosing where to go ice skating in New York City.
See Santa in New York City
Want to visit Santa while you're in New York City? There are several options for visiting Santa in New York City, whether you're willing to battle the crowds at Macy's or are looking for a more low-key option.
- Where To See Santa in New York City
- Seeing Santa at Macy's in New York City
- Seeing Santa at Bloomingdale's in New York City
- Breakfast With Santa at Rock Center Cafe
- See Santa at ABC Carpet & Home
- Tips for Seeing Santa at Macy's in New York City
Christmas Shows, Sights and Events
Whether you're interested in seeing the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, The Nutcracker Ballet or something more off-beat, New York City has many options for Christmas-themed entertainment.
- New York City Christmas Shows and Events
- Christmas and Holiday Events for Kids
- Rockefeller Center Visitors Guide
- Dyker Heights Christmas Lights Visitors Guide
Christmas Shopping in New York City
New York City is a popular destination for visitors who want to take care of their Christmas shopping. From great department stores and specialty boutiques to seasonal Christmas markets, you can find something for just about anyone on your Christmas list in New York City.
- New York City Holiday Shopping Markets & Fairs
- New York City's Best Department Stores
- New York City's Best Discount Stores
- Buy Gifts for Foodies in NYC
- Christmas Shopping in New York City
New Year's Eve in New York City
New York City is a very popular place to celebrate New Year's Eve -- whether you want to see the ball drop in Times Square or enjoy an elegant dinner, New York City has many options for celebrating New Year's Eve.
- New Year's Eve Ball Drop in NYC
- Tips for Attending the Ball Drop in Times Square
- What To Bring With You To The New Year's Eve Ball Drop in Times Square
- NYC New Year's Eve Cruises