1. Halloween Extravaganza and Procession of Ghouls
2. New York's Village Halloween Parade
- Candlelight Ghost Tours of "Manhattan's Most Haunted House"
Take a candlelight tour of the Merchant's House, where Seabury Trewell died in 1865. Friday & Saturday, October 21-22 and Thursday-Saturday, October 25-27 and Monday-Tuesday, October 29-30 2012. Reservations strongly suggested. Not appropriate for very young children. 6 p.m. (includes fourth floor Servants Quarters) $40; 6:30, 7 & 7:30 p.m. $25; 8, 8:30, 9 p.m. $30; 9:30 p.m. (includes fourth floor Servants Quarters) $40; MHM Members $13 all times. Reservations strongly recommended.
- Mid-19th Century Funeral & Cemetery Tour
On Sun, October 28, 2012 at 3-5 p.m. participate in a recreation of the 1865 funeral of Seabury Tredwell. 19th-century mourning dress encouraged. $40, $15 members, $60 VIP reserved seating; $10 Graveside Service and Cemetery Tour only
- Spine-Tingling & True: Ghost Stories of the Merchant's House Museum
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 7 & 8:30 p.m. join master ghost-storytellers Anthony Bellov and Dayle Vander Sande, for an evening of terror by candlelight. $25, $15 members
4. Halloween in Central Park 2012
Enjoy a variety of events in Central Park to celebrate Halloween, all of which are free!
- Bats at Belvedere: Friday, October 26, 2012 from 5-6:30 p.m.
Learn about the bats of Central Park and explore their benefits and habitats during this live animal encounter with Rob Mies. Ages 4+
- Parade and Pumpkin Sail: Sunday, October 28, 2012 from 4-6:30 p.m.
Wear your costume and bring your carved pumpkin for this annual event at the Dana Discovery Center.
5. Gotham City Ghost Tour by NYC Discovery Walking Tours
Come on this walking tour of the historic, infamous, eerie and macabre of Greenwich Village history. You'll see the spooky cemetery at St Marks; the hanging elm, a 19th century execution site; the home of Edgar Allan Poe; and the burial ground at Washington Square. Tickets: $20. Reservations and meeting place: 212-465-3331
- Saturday October 20 and Sunday, October 21 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27 at 1:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28 at 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 31 at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
In this fictional mystery game an unidentified skeleton has been discovered in the Mount Vernon Mansion; hidden for 100 years under the floorboards. Who was killed? Was it an accident? It's up to you to crack this cold case. Solve puzzles and collect clues as you play detective. The perfect game for adults or families with kids 8 and up. All new mystery for 2012! Friday, October 26th and Saturday, October 27th, 2012 at 6:30 & 7:30 PM $25 Adults, $10 Kids under 12, $15 Members.
An immersive theater experience brought to you by Third Rail Projects, the organization behind the Steampunk Haunted House. Runs from October 6 - November 18 with performances at 7:30 and 10:30 p.m. Only 15 audience members will be admitted per performance and tickets are $45-85