The Hotel Giraffe is a boutique hotel catering to a mix of business and leisure travelers steps from Madison Square Park. The hotel is well located for visitors hoping to explore Gramercy Park, the Flatiron District, Union Square, and the East Village. Many restaurants and stores are within walking distance, but the hotel is also conveniently located near the subway if you want to explore further afield.
Why You Should Stay at the Hotel Giraffe
- Wide variety of guests will feel welcome, including international visitors and American tourists.
- Families will appreciate the option to create a two-bedroom suite by combining a Terrace Suite and a double bedded room.
- You can choose to have your continental breakfast served in your room for and avoid the crowds in the lobby having breakfast.
- Many "added value" features included with room rate:
- continental breakfast
- wine and cheese reception Monday - Saturday evenings
- Wi-Fi access
- DVD players (as well as DVDs to borrow)
- Many of the rooms offer Juliet balconies.
- Staff is friendly and helpful.
- Well located for exploring Union Square, the East Village, Gramercy Park and Madison Square Park areas.
You Might Want To Skip The Hotel Giraffe If:
- You want to be located in the center of things -- the neighborhood is fairly quiet.
- You're looking for business amenities.
- You're hoping for high-thread count sheets and pillow-top beds. The bed was comfortable, but not especially luxurious.
- You like to take a bath after a day of exploring -- the tubs here are fairly shallow.
Services and Amenities at the Hotel Giraffe
Guest Rooms at the Hotel Giraffe:
- Rooms at the Hotel Giraffe feature original photographs from the 1920s and 30s and velveteen upholstered chairs and ottomans.
- Room Rates: $$
- 73 Guest Rooms on twelve floors, including Terrace and Superior Suites with a king bed and a sofa bed, Deluxe Rooms with a king or queen Bed, and Superior Rooms with a king bed or two double beds.
- Deluxe Rooms and Terrace rooms feature Juliet balconies.
- In-Room Amenities: Mini-bar, DVD player, complimentary internet (wireless & wired) and MP3 doc/alarm clock radio, robes & slippers
- Deluxe continental breakfast buffet (with option for in-room dining)
- Cappuccino, coffee, teas, cookies, and fresh fruit during the day
- Wine and Cheese reception from 5-8 p.m. Monday - Saturday
- Fitness Center Passes
- DVDs & CDs to borrow during your stay
- European-style continental breakfast is available in the lobby or delivered to your room for a small fee.
- On-site restaurant is in transition and not currently open.
- Room Service: available 12-3 p.m. and 5-11 p.m. Monday through Friday; dinner only on Saturday; not available on Sunday (provided by Park Avenue Bistro while the Giraffe's restaurant is in transition)
Tips for Guests of the Hotel Giraffe
- Seating in the lobby for continental breakfast is limited, but for a small fee, you can order your breakfast the night before and have it delivered to your room.
- Contact the hotel directly if you want to combine a Terrace Suite and a double bedded room to make a two-bedroom suite.
- Contact the hotel directly for the latest specials and deals available.
Attractions Near the Hotel Giraffe:
- Morgan Library and Museum
- Madison Square Park
Hotel Giraffe Location and Contact Information
- 365 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016
- Neighborhood: Northern Gramercy Park
- Nearest Subway: 6 at 28th Street/Lexington
- Phone: 212-685-7700; Reservations: 877-296-0009
- Fax: 212-685-7771
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hotelgiraffe.com
Have you stayed at the Hotel Giraffe? Write A Review of the Hotel Giraffe
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodations for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.