Why You Should Stay at the Library Hotel
- Although fairly small, rooms are well designed to maximize space.
- Wide variety of guests will feel welcome, including international visitors, business travelers and American tourists.
- Many "added value" features included with room rate:
- high quality continental breakfast
- wine and cheese reception nightly
- Wi-Fi access
- computer terminals and printers available near Reading Room
- DVD players (as well as DVDs to borrow)
- Staff is friendly and helpful.
- Reading Room and Rooftop Lounge spaces are available for inviting friends/colleagues or just escaping the confines of your room.
- Bibliophiles will appreciate the tastefully incorporated library theme throughout the hotel, especially the well-stocked bookshelves.
- Easy access to transportation at Grand Central Terminal (MetroNorth and Subways), and within walking distance of Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue and the Theater District/Times Square.
You Might Want To Skip The Library Hotel If:
- You're hoping for high-thread count sheets and pillow-top beds. The bed was fine, but not especially luxurious.
- You like to take a bath after a day of exploring -- the tubs here are fairly shallow.
- You're a weekend visitor, as the neighborhood is fairly quiet on the weekends.
- You're hoping to spend most of your time downtown (below 14th Street).
Services and Amenities at the Library Hotel
- Guest Rooms at the Library Hotel:
- Rooms at the Library Hotel each feature art and books that reflect a single topic of literature from the Dewey Decimal category of that particular floor.
- Room Rates: $$
- 60 Guest Rooms on ten floors, including Junior Suites with King Beds & Sofa Beds, Deluxe Rooms with Queen Beds and Petite Rooms with Single or Full Beds
- In-Room Amenities: Mini-bar, DVD player, complimentary Internet (wireless & wired) and MP3 Doc/Alarm Clock Radio, robes & slippers
- Compare Prices at the Library Hotel on Kayak.com
- Deluxe continental breakfast buffet
- Cappuccino, coffee, teas, cookies, and fresh fruit during the day
- Wine and Cheese reception from 5-8 p.m. daily
- Fitness Center Passes
- Computer terminals/printers with internet access on the 2nd Floor
- DVDs, CDs, and books to borrow during your stay
- lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday at Madison & Vine
- Library-themed cocktails at the Bookmarks Lounge from 4 p.m. - midnight Monday - Saturday
Tips for Guests of the Library Hotel
- The Love Room (the only suite with a balcony) and the Erotic Literature room are the most popular guest rooms at the Library Hotel.
- You can bring a guest to the Reading Room to enjoy breakfast or the wine and cheese reception with you.
- The continental breakfast buffet includes fresh squeezed orange/grapefruit juice, delicious bagels, fresh fruit, flaky pastries, yogurt, cereal and more.
- The 2nd Floor Reading Room and 14th Floor Rooftop Lounge offer guests additional space for relaxing, working and visiting.
- Attractions Near the Library Hotel:
Library Hotel Location and Contact Information
- 299 Madison Avenue at 41st Street, New York, NY 10017
- Neighborhood: Midtown East
- Nearest Subway: 4/5/6, 7 at 42nd Street/Grand Central
- Phone: 212-983-4500; Reservations: 1-877-793-READ (7323)
- Fax: 212-499-9099
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.libraryhotel.com
Have you stayed at the Library Hotel? Write A Review of the Library Hotel
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodations for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.