Founded in 1929 as the first museum dedicated entirely to contemporary art, the MoMA is home to an impressive collection of modern artistic efforts. The impressive permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art features many famous works of art, and ever-changing special exhibitions ensure that even repeat visitors won't get bored.
Wondering how to get to the MoMA? The Museum of Modern Art is located in midtown Manhattan, and we've put together a helpful page with directions and admission information, as well as information about MoMA's history.
A modern art museum might not be the first place you think of visiting with your children, but think again -- the Museum of Modern Art staff have put together an amazing array of resources to make visiting the MoMA with your kids a pleasant and rewarding experience.
Want to take a virtual visit to the MoMA? Check out these pictures to prepare yourself for your visit or to help you remember your visit.
5. MoMA ToursThe MoMA offers a variety of tours to enhance your visit:
- Gallery Talks - Offered daily at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (free with museum admission). Meet in 2nd floor atrium.
- Free Audio Tours - Access to MoMA's Audio Tours are free with admission, and available both on their portable players and through your iPod Touch, iPhone or other Wi-fi accessible device. You can also enjoy the MoMA audio guides before you visit on their website.
- Private Tours Before and After Opening Hours - Avoid the crowds and experience the MoMA when it's not open to the public for $50-60/person (10 person minimum). Includes one hour private tour and museum admission.
- Private Group Tours: The MoMA offers tours for Families and Groups visiting the museum.