Founded in 1929 as the first museum dedicated entirely to contemporary art, MoMA is home to an impressive collection of modern artistic efforts. The impressive permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art features many famous works of art, and ever-changing special exhibitions ensure that even repeat visitors won't get bored.
5. MoMA ToursMoMA offers a variety of tours to enhance your visit:
- Gallery Talks - Offered daily at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (free with museum admission). Meet in 2nd floor atrium.
- Free Audio Tours - Access to MoMA's Audio Tours are free with admission, and available both on their portable players and through your iPod Touch, iPhone or other Wi-fi accessible device. You can also enjoy MoMA audio guides before you visit on their website.
- Private Tours Before and After Opening Hours - Avoid the crowds and experience MoMA when it's not open to the public for $50-60/person (10 person minimum). Includes one hour private tour and museum admission.
- Private Group Tours: MoMA offers tours for Families and Groups visiting the museum.