If you're seeing a Broadway Show in New York City, you may be wondering where to eat before (or after) the show. Our recommendations all offer delicious meals near Broadway theaters. Many of our picks offer prix-fixe menus, promising both a transparent price-tag and a timely arrival at the theater.
More: Times Square Restaurants
- Address: 55 West 44th Street (5th/6th Aves)
- Telephone: 212-391-2400
- Cuisine: French-American bistro
- Hours: Lunch Mon-Sat: 12 pm - 2:30 pm; Dinner Mon-Sun: 5:30 - 11:30 pm
- Price Range: appetizers from $12; entrees from $27
- Reservations Recommended? Yes, accepted 1 month in advance
2. Sushi Zen
Sushi Zen serves up the neighborhood's best sushi, in a serene setting. Fish is impeccably fresh and reflects both traditional and creative preparations. Sushi Zen also offers several tasting menus ($55-75).
- Address: 108 West 44th Street (6th/Broadway)
- Telephone: 212-302-0707
- Cuisine: Japanese/Sushi
- Hours: Mon-Fri noon - 2:45 pm; Mon-Sat 5:30 - 10 pm (5 p.m. Sat), closed Sunday
- Price Range: entrees $25-80+
3. ThaliaFresh, creative American cuisine, including a raw bar, is the focus at this stylish theater district restaurant.
- Address: 828 Eighth Avenue (50th St)
- Telephone: 212-399-4444
- Cuisine: contemporary American
- Hours: lunch Mon-Fri 12-2:30 pm; brunch Sat/Sun 11:30-3 pm; dinner Mon 5:30 - 11:30 pm; Wed-Fri 5:30 - 12 am; Tues/Sat 5 pm-12 am; Sun 4:30-11:30 pm
- Price Range: prix-fixe lunch $16.95; prix-fixe dinner $35 ($45 w/wine pairing), a la carte available
- Good for Groups? Yes (private rooms available)
- Address: 142 West 44th street (7th/Broadway)
- Telephone: 212-944-3643
- Cuisine: Italian/Venetian
- Hours: lunch and dinner daily
- Price Range: entrees/pizzas $15-27
- Good for Groups? Yes
5. LattanziThe only downside of pre-theater dining at Lattanzi is missing out on the outstanding Jewish-Roman menu that's only available after 8 p.m. once the theater-goers have left. Pastas, grilled meats, fried artichokes and the housemade napoleon are all highly recommended.
- Address: 361 West 46th St (8th/9th Aves)
- Telephone: 212-315-0980
- Cuisine: Italian/Roman/Jewish
- Hours: Lunch: 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.; Dinner: 4:30 p.m.–11:30 p.m.
- Price Range: approx $40-50 per person
- Address: 254 West 47th Street (Broadway/8th)
- Telephone: 212-997-4540
- Cuisine: Italian
- Hours: lunch and dinner daily
- Price Range: most dishes $12-28 (specials tend to be higher)
- Good for Kids/Groups? Yes (private parties also available)
7. FireBirdFireBird offers a beautiful setting and impeccable service for experiencing fine Russian cuisine. Borscht and caviar are highly recommended, as is their selection of vodkas.
- Address: 365 West 46th St (8th/9th Aves)
- Telephone: 212-586-0244
- Cuisine: Russian
- Hours: Lunch: Mon-Sat 11:45-2:30 p.m.; Dinner: Mon/Tues & Sun 5-9 p.m. Wed-Sat 5–11 p.m.
- Price Range: lunch prix-fixe $20; dinner prix-fixe $44.98; (a la carte also available)
- Address: 258 West 44th St (Broadway/8th Ave)
- Telephone: 212-221-9222
- Cuisine: American
- Hours: Mon/Tues 12–11 p.m.; Wed/Thurs 12–11:30 p.m.; Fri/Sat noon-midnight; Sun 12–10:30 p.m.
- Price Range: entrees $17-28 (porterhouse for 2, $79)
- Good for Kids/Groups? Yes (private parties available)