Great Free Resources for Finding New York City Sample Sales
- Top Button - Registration is required, but free, on this site which strives to offer comprehensive sample sales listings.
- The Budget Fashionista - This blog is regularly updated with discount clothing options, and they maintain a List of Sales in New York City
- New York Magazine - Best Bets Daily lists hot new products and stores, but only through their Fashion Alert bi-weekly newsletter can you get the listings for upcoming sample sales
- Time Out New York - Weekly sample sale listings are featured under "Shop Talk" in their "Check Out" section available on newsstands or you can access their Shopping Section online including their Sample Sales & Shopping Events listing.
- Daily Candy - In addition to exclusive discounts available to subscribers, the Daily Candy Newsletter often includes listings for Sample Sales, especially in the Weekend Guide published on Thursdays. They have also put out their own online sample sale service called Swirl.
- On The Fly - You can also find sample sales by looking for flyers and sidewalk billboard in the Garment District (34th - 40th Streets, between 5th and 9th Avenue).
- Favorite Designers - If you find your favorite designers' websites, you can often sign up for their mailing list to be informed about sales.
Paying to Find New York City Sample Sales
- The Bargain HOTline - Access to the sample sales featured in this email newsletter will cost you -- $8 per week (great if you're visiting from out of town) or $50 for the year.
- S&B Report - Lazar Shopping has select sample sales listed online, but in order to get access to their comprehensive listings, you'll need to subscribe for $75 per year.
- Shop Gotham Walking Tour - If you'd like some hand-holding through the sample sale shopping experience, check out Shop Gotham's Garment District Shopping Tour. They can tailor the tour to your interests and budget.
Ongoing Sample Sales
- ClothingLine - Located on West 36th Street, ClothingLine features an ever-changing array of merchandise (including cashmere) and is worth a stop if you're in the neighborhood.
- Sample-sale storefront - 260 Fifth Avenue, between 28th/29th Streets, 212-725-5400
Find great deals on sample merchandise at this ongoing sample sale.