Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in Brief:
Getting to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum:
Pier 86 at 12th Avenue and 46th Street
- Closest Subways: A/C/E, N/Q/R/W, S, 1/2/3, or 7 to Times Square, either walk or take the M-42 bus West to the Hudson River and walk north
- Bus: M-50 runs along 49th Street and stops at the Intrepid
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Contacts:
- Phone: 877-957-SHIP (7447) or 212-245-0072
- Website: http://www.intrepidmuseum.org
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Admission:
- Adults: $24
- Seniors (62+):$20
- Veterans: $17
- College Students (w/ID): $20
- Youth (6-17): $19
- Child (3-5): $12
- Child under 3: Free
- Retired Military: Free
- Active Duty: Free
- Museum Members: Free
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Hours:
- November 1 - March 31st:
- Tuesday-Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Closed Mondays
- Closed Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day
- April 1 - October 31
- Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
What You Should Know About the Intrepid Museum:
- Admission covers access to the Intrepid Aircraft carrier, the Growler and the Concorde
- Guided tours are free with admission, and available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Access to the Space Shuttle Pavilion and flight simulators costs extra
- Plan to spend 2-3 hours at the Intrepid for the full experience
- Smoking is prohibited
- There are a variety of food service options on-site
- You'll spend a fair bit of time outdoors while visiting the Intrepid, so dress for the weather. It can be very hot and sunny on the flight deck and the wind can be strong there as well, making it feel colder in the winter.
Near the Intrepid:
About the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum:
The Intrepid Museum uses these structures, spaces and artifacts to help visitors understand the history and humanity behind military technology.