One of New York City's best department stores, Bloomingdale's is well-regarded by shoppers looking for high quality merchandise and a plethora of options. There are great designer boutiques in the store and sales can offer terrific bargains.
Bloomies Shopping Tips:
- Avoid getting lost/confused with their free iPhone/Android app, which has maps, info on restaurants and even gives access to special offers and store events.
- Shoppers are entitled to a free gift from the Visitor's Center with $300 in purchases (rules/restrictions apply).
- Weekdays before lunch are the least crowded times to visit.
- Take advantage of baggage check/coat check if you'll be shopping for a while.
- Ask the cashier if you'd like to have your purchases shipped home.
- The lower floors tend to be more crowded than the upper floors.
- During the holiday season, the store is more crowded than usual -- be patient.
Bloomingdale's Flagship Store:
- Location: The main entrance to Bloomingdales is on 3rd Avenue between 59th and 60th Streets, but there is also an entrance on Lexington and you can even enter directly from the subway.
- Subway: N/R/W and 4/5/6 to 59th Street/Lexington Avenue stop
- Phone: 212-705-2000
- Website: Bloomingdales.com.com
- More: Bloomingdale's Holiday Window Displays
- More: Seeing Santa at Bloomies
Bloomingdale's Department Store Hours:
- 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Closes at 7 p.m. on Sundays
- Extended hours during the holiday season
- 40 Carrots – 7th floor - Lots of light lunch options, and their "famous" tart frozen yogurt, which has been around much longer than any of the self-serve yogurt chains
- Magnolia Bakery – 1st floor - Perfect if you want a coffee or a sweet treat to keep you fueled while you shop.
- B Café – 6th floor
- David Burke at Bloomingdale’s – 1st floor - Enjoy brunch, lunch or dinner to stay or to go.
- FLIP – Lower Level - Salads, burgers and even a kids menu make this a quick, casual stop.
- Le Train Bleu – 6th floor - French-inspired cafe fare for lunch or early dinner.
Bloomingdale's Department Store Visitors Services:
On the first floor balcony of Bloomingdale's, the Visitor Service area can make your shopping trip easier, with both luggage and coat checks, as well as conscierge services. Visitors are entitled to a free gift with Bloomingdale's purchases totaling $300. Their services include:
- Personal Shopping Assistance
- Translators and Multi-lingual Store Directories
- Coat and Package Check
- Hotel package delivery with $250 purchase
- Currency Exchange
- Theatre Tickets
- Phone and MetroCards
- Restaurant Reservations
Bloomingdale's Department Store Layout:
Well known for their signature big, small and medium "Brown Bags" it's no wonder that so many New York City visitors consider Bloomingdale's an essential stop on their itinerary. Bloomingdale's can be a bit chaotic on their big sale days, but this store layout plan will help make it easier to get to the departments you're interested in.
- Men's Denim
- Men's Contemporary Shoes
- Men's Shoes & Accessories
- Men's Tees
- Young Men's
- Men's Sportswear Suits & Shoes
- Contemporary Apparel
- Dress Shoes
- Brands including: Armani Collezioni, BOSS Orange, Billy Reid, Burberry Brit, Burberry London, Canali, Corneliani, Eli Tahari, Hugo Boss, John Varvatos, Michael Kors, Polo Black Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo, Zegna
- Food: Flip!
- At His Service (Personal Shopping)
- Watch & Jewelry Repair
- Beauty & Accessories for Men & Women
- Handbags & Wallets
- Fashion Jewelry & Watches
- Fine Jewelry & Watches
- Men's Accessories/Basics
- Men's and Women's Fragrances
- Men's and Women's Sunglasses
- Fashion Accessories
- Brands including: Armani, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Borghese, Burberry, Chanel, Chantecaille, Chloe, Clarins, Clinique, Coach, David Yurman, Dior, Estee Lauder, Fendi, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Jo Malone, Kiehl's, La Mer, La Prairie, Lancome, Laura Mercier, Louis Vuitton, MAC, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Miu Miu, Prada, SK-II, Salvatore Ferragamo, Shiseido, Sisley, SpaceNK, Trish McEvoy, YSL
- Food: David Burke and Magnolia Bakery
- Beauty Spot
- Visitors Center
- Women's Contemporary Apparel & Shoes
- Women's Shoes
- Women's Tees
- Brands including: Alice + Olivia, All Saints, Aqua, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Diane von Furstenberg, Free People, French Connection, Guess, Joie, Maje, Marc By Marc Jacobs, Patterson J. Kincaid, Rebecca Minkoff, Reiss, Sandro, Ted Baker, Theory, Vine, Zadig + Voltaire
- Women's Classic & Contemporary Apparel
- Online Order Pick-up Desk
- Women's Contemporary
- Sutton Studio
- Brands including BCBG, Burberry Brit, Cynthia Steffe, DKNY, Eileen Fisher, Elie Tahari, Gerard Darel, Hugo Boss, Kate Spade New York, Kenneth Cole, LK Bennett, Lafayette 148 New York, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Lilly Pulitzer, Majestic, Max Mara Weekend, Michael Kors, Moncler, Rachel Roy, Rauol, Three Dots, Tory Burch, Trina Turk, Vince Camuto
- Studio Services
- Shoes (Womens, Better and Bridge)
- Women's Designer Shoes
- Brands, including Paradox, Agent Provocateur, Akris Punto, Armani Collezioni, Burberry London, Chanel, Escada, Giorgio Armani, Marc Jacobs, Max Mara, Maximillian Fur, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Sonia Rykiel, Spanx, St. John,
- At Her Service (Personal Shopping)
- Furniture, Rugs, Dresses & Coats
- Shop for Women
- Interior Design
- Tabletop, Luggage, Housewears & Registry
- Casual Dining
- Decorative Housewears
- Gadgets & Tools
- Kitchen Electrics
- Food: Le Train Bleu and bcafe
- Judy Paulen Designs
- The Registry
- Bedding and Bath
- Bath Shop
- Pillows & Comforters
- Brands including Calvin Klein, Diane von Furstenberg, Hudson Park, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Sferra
- Food: 40 Carrots
- Infant, Toddler and Girls 4-16
- Girls 4-6
- Girls 7-16
- Brands including Burberry, Ralph Lauren
- Boys 4-7
- Boys 8-20
- Brands including Polo