On the 30 minute SHARK Speedboat Thrill Ride, visitors get a close up view of the the Statue of Liberty
and the Brooklyn Bridge
, as well as the excitement of speeding through the New York Harbor.
About the SHARK Speedboat Thrill Ride
If you want a quick, exciting way of seeing the Statue of Liberty
, the SHARK Speedboat Thrill Ride might be a good choice for you. Especially great for families traveling with kids and teens, the SHARK Speedboat zips from South Street Seaport around the southern tip of Manhattan, stopping for a perfect photo opportunity in front of the Statue of Liberty. Music plays throughout the 30 minute ride and the focus is on fun and thrills more than on narrating the New York City scenery.
Attractions Featured on Circle Line Downtown's Shark Speedboat
Essential Information about the Shark Speedboat
- The boat leaves from Pier 16 at South Street Seaport
- Subway: A/C, J/Z or 2/3 to Fulton Street
- Parking at South Street Seaport: there is a paid parking lot just north of the Seaport
- Phone: 212-742-1969
- SHARK Speedboat Tickets: Adults $24, Children $17, Seniors $12
- Shark Speedboat Payment: Cash and Major Credit Cards
- May: Noon-dusk, hourly(weekends only)
- June: 12-5 p.m., hourly
- July-August: 12-6 p.m., hourly
- September: Noon-dusk, hourly(weekends only)
Helpful Tips for the SHARK Speedboat Tour
- You must be at least 40" tall to ride The Shark.
- Pregnant women and those with heart or back problems should not ride the SHARK Speedboat.
- You will probably get wet on The SHARK. You may get very wet.
- They begin boarding the boat about 10 minutes before departure.
- Wear sunscreen if you're sensitive to the sun -- there's no cover on the boat and despite the breeze, you can get quite a bit of sun.
- Folks seated near the front of the boat stay the driest.
- There are bathrooms available nearby inside the South Street Seaport Mall to the left of the Piers as you face the water.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary services for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our Ethics Policy