The Bottom Line
Are you a CNN junkie? Are you curious about how 24-hour news broadcasting works? The Inside CNN tour offers visitors an opportunity to see behind-the-scenes at CNN's New York City news bureau, including seeing production, newsrooms and broadcast studios.
- Opportunity to learn about the history of newscasting
- Multimedia presentations keep the tour interesting and engaging
- See several CNN studios upclose
- Visitors can look directly into the newsrooms
- Most tours are given when the studios are not in use
- Most interesting for teens and news junkies
- Attractions on Tour:
- Morning Show Studio
- CNN Money Newsroom
- Production Studio
- "Lou Dobbs Tonight" Set
- Inside CNN begins in the CNN store on the 3rd floor of the Time Warner Center.
- Closest Subway to Inside CNN: A/B/C/D/1 to Columbus Circle/59th Street
Guide Review - Inside CNN Tour - No Longer Offered in NYC
The 50 minute tour takes visitors behind the scenes of CNN, offering them a chance to see into the newsrooms, production studios and broadcast studios that make CNN tick. Engaging videos throughout the tour offer participants a chance to see important moments in CNN's broadcast history and also hear from many of CNN's famous broadcasters such as Anderson Cooper, Lou Dobbs and Soledad O'Brien. Visitors can see how green screens work and even try out using a teleprompter, which young visitors in particular will enjoy. Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable, and she was eager to answer any questions from the group. One of the highlights of the tour was the chance to see some of the items that newscasters had brought back from broadcasting on location -- including missile remnants, trial transcripts and even freeze dried foods.