Since making its film debut in Romeo & Juliet in 1908, Central Park has been featured in over 250 films. 2012 marks the 10th year for the Central Park Film Festival and this year's theme is "Cult Classics." These movies each have a unique ability to excite, inspire, and entertain and have gathered a growing “cult” following over time.
Movies begin at 8 p.m. on the landscape north of Sheep Meadow behind the cafe (mid-park at 69th Street) in Central Park. Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
Directions: Enter Central Park at 72nd Street on Fifth Avenue or Central Park West (Central Park Map)
Official Website: www.centralparknyc.org/filmfestival
2012 Central Park Film Festival Schedule
- Tuesday, August 21: Do the Right Thing (1989)
- Wednesday, August 22: Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985)
- Thursday, August 23: The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Friday, August 24: Animal House (1978)
- Saturday, August 25: Viewer's Choice Night: Coming to America (1988) or Clerks (1994)