Tickets are required for all who want to attend Shakespeare in the Park and are distributed on the day of the performance at the Delacorte Theater beginning at 1 p.m. There are also Shakespeare in the Park tickets available online. There are also select dates when ticket vouchers are available in the boroughs. Theater doors open at 7:30 p.m. and performances begin at 8:00 p.m.
- There is a 2 ticket per person limit
- The earlier in the season you wait for tickets, the shorter the line -- as the remaining number of performances wane, the lines get longer
- People start linking up for tickets as early as 6 a.m. -- though most people arrive between 8 and 10 a.m.
- If the performance is rained out, tickets are non-exchangeable
- Tickets are for reserved seats
- Tickets are hardest to come by in the days immediately after reviews come out
Directions to the Delacorte Theater in Central Park
- 6 train to 77th Street - Central Park entrance at 79th Street and Fifth Ave - follow footpath to the Delacorte Theater
- B/C train to 81st Street - Central Park entrance at 81st Street and Central Park West - follow footpath to the Delacorte Theater