Tickets are required for all who want to attend Shakespeare in the Park and are distributed on the day of the performance at the Delacorte Theater beginning at 12 p.m. There are also Shakespeare in the Park tickets available online. There are also select dates when ticket vouchers are available in the boroughs. Theater doors open at 8 p.m. and performances begin at 8:30 p.m.
- There is a 2 ticket per person limit
- The earlier in the season you wait for tickets, the shorter the line -- as the remaining number of performances wane, the lines get longer
- People start linking up for tickets as early as 6 a.m. -- though most people arrive between 8 and 10 a.m.
- If the performance is rained out, tickets are non-exchangeable
- Tickets are for reserved seats
- Tickets are hardest to come by in the days immediately after reviews come out
Directions to the Delacorte Theater in Central Park
- 6 train to 77th Street - Central Park entrance at 79th Street and Fifth Ave - follow footpath to the Delacorte Theater
- B/C train to 81st Street - Central Park entrance at 81st Street and Central Park West - follow footpath to the Delacorte Theater