The Bottom Line
- Covers major sights in the bottom half of Central Park
- Features locations from over 40 movies
- Entertaining and friendly tour guide
- Good tour length for families with children
- Great introduction to Central Park without getting lost
- Limited information about Central Park's history
- Stays primarily in lower half of Central Park
- Central Park Movie Tour offered Fridays at 3 p.m. and Saturdays at noon.
- Tickets: $20; $10 children 6-10; 5 & under free; tickets by phone at 212-209-3370
Book Tickets Online with Viator
- Meeting Point: Subway stop at Central Park South (north side) and 59th Street.
- Central Park Movie Tour Length: approximately 2 hours
- Accessibility: Due to stairs along the tour, this tour is not accessible to guests in wheelchairs.
- Central Park Movie Tour is also available by appointment for private tours and groups.
Central Park Movie Tour Tips:
- dress for the weather
- wear good walking shoes
- stay hydrated
- On Location also offers a Manhattan Movie Tour which covers more sights and doesn't require walking.
Guide Review - Central Park Movie Tour - Walking Tour of Central Park Movie Locations
From this point on, the tour was primarily focused on identifying locations used in various movies and discussing favorite scenes from these movies. Our first stop was The Pond, which was used in Home Alone II during the pigeon lady scene. From a nearby bridge, we took a moment to appreciate the view of the Plaza Hotel, featured in Brewster's Millions, Almost Famous, and Barefoot in the Park, among others. After checking out Wollman Rink, we had a chance to take a break for water and to ride the Central Park Carousel($1.25 extra), which was used in Up the Sandbox, I'm Not Rappaport, The Spanish Prisoner, and The Producers. At Sheep Meadow, Kimberly highlighted scenes from It Could Happen to You, The Fisher King, Wall Street and Manchurian Candidate that were filmed there. After several other stops, the tour wound its way toward the southwest corner of Central Park, where we saw Lois Lane's apartment from Superman and where the Stay Puff Marshmallow makes its appearance in Ghostbusters to complete the tour.
Kimberly was knowledgeable, engaging and despite the sweltering heat, made the tour fun. It was a great way to get acquainted with Central Park, as well as see many park highlights.