Jimmy Fallon's first night as the host of the appropriately named The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon was Monday, February 17, 2014. Fans of Jimmy Fallon might enjoy seeing him tape this show live when they're visiting New York City, so I've put together everything you need to know about getting tickets in advance, standby tickets, seeing Jimmy rehearse his monologue and even tips and advice for attending the taping.
Getting "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Tickets in Advance: Request free tickets to see The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon online. Tickets are generally available 4-6 weeks in advance. They release tickets in blocks, so check the website frequently to find newly released tickets. There is a four-ticket limit per request and you're only allowed to attend a taping once every six months.
Getting Standby "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Tickets: Stand-by tickets are distributed on the same day as the show tapes under the "NBC Studios" marquee on the 49th Street side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza (GE Building). They begin distributing one ticket per person at 9 a.m. If there are any standby tickets leftover, they will be available at the NBC Experience Store on 49th between 5th and 6th Avenues. Stand-by tickets for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon do not guarantee admission. Call the ticket hotline (212-664-3056) to be sure that the show is taping the day you want to try and get standby tickets or you could find yourself disappointed if the show is on hiatus.
See Jimmy Rehearse His Monologue: Want to see Jimmy rehearse his monologue and help determine which jokes will make it into the actual show? This is a more intimate experience than the live taping. The length of time the rehearsal takes varies depending on how much material Jimmy wants to rehearse (sometimes it includes bits beyond the monologue.) Reserve your free ticket here: www.JimmyFallonMonologueRehearsal.com You'll need to register at 1iota.com to reserve your free tickets. (FYI, I found the interface was a bit wonky and I didn't think that I had gotten registered, but then I received a confirmation that I had been added to the wait list for the show I requested.)
"The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" on Twitter: You can follow Fallon Tonight on Twitter for updates on last minute ticket availability.
What to Know About "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Tickets:
- You must be at least 16 to attend
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon typically tapes on Monday through Friday.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon tapes at 5 p.m. and generally lasts until about 6:30 p.m. The line-up for ticket-holders begins at 2:30 p.m. and you must arrive no later than 3:45 p.m. or you risk having your spot given to someone on the standby line.
- Standby ticket holders can check-in at 3:15 p.m. and begin lining up at 3:45 p.m.
- You'll need a photo ID with the name matching the reservation to claim your tickets.
- Large packages, shopping bags, suitcases, etc. are not permitted in the studio, so make sure to drop off your belongings at your hotel before you arrive. (Small purses are allowed.)
- Smart casual dress is suggested. Bring a sweater or jacket if you're attending a taping -- they keep the studios pumped full of refrigerated air.
- You cannot attend the monologue rehearsal if you have a ticket for the taping, but you CAN if you have a standby ticket. (Bonus, you'll clear security for standby at the same time you do to see the rehearsal.)
Don't Want to Wait for Jimmy Fallon Tickets?:
You might want to check out the NBC Studios Tour -- depending on the day of the week and the time of day, you might get a chance to see inside the Late Night studio.